Take advantage of Recurring Invoices to save your business time ordinarily spent creating new invoices. Time saving can be especially significant when you need to create invoices for a large amount of agents each month.
- In the left navigation menu, go to Sales >> Invoices >> Recurring Invoices
- This takes you to the Recurring Invoices page
- Click the Create button at the top right of your screen
- This takes you to the Create Recurring Invoice page
- Enter the following:
- To select the frequency at which the invoice will be created, select the period in the Repeat Every selection
- Select the Start On date to choose from when this invoice will be activated
- Select an End Period if required
- You can choose between:
- By: Set the date you want the invoice to end on
- After: Set the number of occurrences after which you want to end the invoice
- You can choose between:
- Select a Draft Period if you wish to be able to edit, add to or change invoices before they are finalized. Each draft period applies from the date the invoice is created
- To notify recipients of the invoice and if it has not been paid, select the applicable Notification times and Unpaid Reminders
- [Optional]: If you wish to automatically recharge a recipient for a failed payment, enter the number of days after the invoice is due in the Auto recharge # column. Up to 3 auto recharges can be added.
IMPORTANT: This number is the number of natural days from the day after the invoice is due, and will charge the recipients payment details on file. For example, if the invoice is due on the 15th, an auto charge set to 5 days will automatically charge the recipient on the 20th.
- In the Invoice Template, add:
- Your Customer, such as an agent or client. The Customer is who you are sending the invoice to.
- If the recipient is a client, you can add the associated Sales Person. The Sales Person is the person who is sending the invoice. This allows the Sales Person’s manager to track production by the agent.
- The acceptable Payment Methods, such as by bank transfer through Zipi Pay or via credit card by Authorize.Net
Note: To process invoices via credit card card payment information must be added to the contact. Learn how here
- The Payment Terms to set your invoice due date
- [Optional]: If you are invoicing agents and would like to deduct the invoice items from owed commissions, check the Allow to deduct from deal box
- [Optional]: To add a late fee, add the fixed late fee amount in the Late fee section, together with its associated Product/Service to register this against a journal item, such as Late Fees and Penalties
- Add the Description, Quantity, and Rate of the Product you are creating an invoice for
- Click Create to complete your recurring invoice