You can apply Vendor Credits if you over pay for a bill.
Before applying vendor credits, ensure that the Vendor has vendor credits.
You can check that on the:
Go to the Contact card of the vendor and you can see the amount of vendor credits under the name. The ones on the left are vendor credits.
Vendor Credits Page
Go Purchase >> Vendor Credits
Applying Vendor Credits
To apply vendor credits to a bill:
- Go to Sales >> Bills
- Select the bill you want to apply the credits to
- Scroll to the bottom of the bill and click Apply Credits
- This will open a popup with the total balance and you can choose the amount you want to apply to the bill
- Once you have entered your amount, click Save
- When you do that,
- The bill's status will update to Paid
- You will see the amount of credits applied to the bill
- The Apply Credits button will grey out and the number of credits left will decrease
Learn more: How to Create a Vendor Credit Note