Invoices are the bread-and-butter of your accounting with Zipi. Our invoicing options are specially formulated for modern real estate brokers.
Before you start
We recommend, where possible, users should add all the relevant contacts and services / products of a transaction first before creating invoices. This helps keep your accounting operations neat and avoids accidental duplication.
In the left navigation menu, go to Sales > Invoices
Click the Create button at the top right of your screen
This takes you to the Create Invoice page where you can enter the following:
Date is the date that your invoice is issued. You may backdate an invoice if needed.
Customer is the person who is receiving the invoice. If your customer does not already exist in your contacts, you can click the Create Contact icon to create a new customer.
- Choose the related Sales Person, if any. The Sales Person is the one who is sending the invoice. This is used where a Sales Agent needs to be associated with an invoice.
- Check the Allow to deduct from deal box if you would like to be able to deduct an outstanding balance from an agent's next commission payout. The invoice will appear in the agent's disbursement card in the deal:
- Choose the Payment Terms for when you would like to receive the payment. This will determine any of the following:
- when the invoice is Auto-charged, if applicable
- when the invoice shows a status of overdue
- when late fees will be incurred by the recipient and added to the invoice, if applicable
- Add / Edit the available Payment Methods for methods by which you'd like to receive payment. By default, all activated payment methods will be available. We suggest using Zipi Pay to facilitate bank transfers and Authorize.Net for credit card payments.
- Choose the Product/Service for which you are invoicing. If you do not already have the Product/ Service created you may create one on the fly here.
- The Account will auto-populate based on the Ledger Account you associate with the Product/ Service.
- The Rate will auto-populate based on the Price in the Product/ Service, however you may change it for the current invoice if needed.
- Add the Description (optional) and Quantity.
- You may add as many items as needed to the invoice. To add an item, click the (+) next to Items.
- You can also associate the invoice to deals by clicking Deal Association. You can search for a deal and choose a product from the ones you entered under Items.
- You can assign the invoice to a Division
- You can apply credits by checking Apply Credits
- Once all that is done, click the Create button and choose:
- Create and Send to finalize and send your invoice immediately. Your invoice will be sent to your contact’s nominated email address on file.
Create as Draft so that the invoice can be edited and sent at a later date.
- Create as Open creates the invoice but does not send it. The status will show as Open.